wibiya widget

January 7, 2011

Get Fresh - Baby, It's Cold Outside.

For Her: Cardigans and Color.

More recently, I've received a few requests for advice on my favorite winter wear pieces.  Apparently my cold weather roots are coming in handy. :).  I'm big on comfy cardigans and cropped sweaters.  The weight of the extra material is guaranteed to keep you warm while, the cut of the cloth doesn't automatically make you think of your Granny's favorite sweater.  

Hint: dress up cardigans by adding a ruffled or bow tie top and a pair of slacks.  Dress it down with a men's v-neck or your favorite graphic tee. 


Urban Outfitters - BDG Striped Shawl Collar Cardigan
(available in: Tan and Grey)
$68.00 USD
Click HERE to view.

These options from UO are also appealing:
(Would pair nicely with a white blazer and skinny jeans)



Forever 21 - Adeline Sweater Cardigan
(note the multicolor trim on the pockets)
$24.80 USD
Click HERE to purchase.

 
 

Forever 21 - Long Multi Knit Cardigan
$24.80 USD
Click HERE to view.
 

Unbalanced Crop Knit - Beige
(features an asymmetric neck line and hem)
$68.00 USD
To view this knit top, click HERE.


In addition to winter wear, I've recently decided to fore-go my typical nude lip for brighter shades paired with all black pieces or light hued sweaters and jackets. The contrast has added another dimension to the look without overpowering. I'm all about versatility and receiving the most for your buck so, naturally, I took immediately to the pigments offered by M.A.C.  The purchase provides powder that can be used as lip, eye and cheek color.  To utilize it as a lip-stick I blend a bit of the powder with my favorite gloss or balm.  Check out my favorite shades below and visit:
 M.A.C. Cosmetics to purchase.



Fuschia Frost
$19.50 USD
(.15oz)




Magenta Madness
$19.50 USD
(.15 oz)



For Him: The Bomb Like...Tick, Tick.

I've been really into fitted sweatshirts as of late.  I think the pair well with winter staples such as bubble and fleece vests as well as scarves and hanging ear hats for gentlemen who find themselves in casual situations and more often than not, on the go.  I also have a slight obsession with watches so, needless to say the featured piece caught my eye.  The fact that I can buy it for my man and wear it myself, added a bit of twinkle to my eye. 

Browse. Buy. Wear. :).



The Hundreds - Johnny Crew Sweatshirt
$84.48 USD
Available at ASOS.


 


Vestal - Unisex SLA004 Grenade Green Stainless Steel Watch
(Available in: Army Green and Black)
$140.00 USD
Click HERE to purchase.

*UPDATE* Browsing www.amazon.com and found this watch for $49.90 (savings of 64%!)
View for the the Amazon price HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment