wibiya widget

January 3, 2011

Is This The Last We've Heard From Jazmine?


I don't blog about the personal lives of artists. It just isn't my cup o' tea.  However, when Jazmine Sullivan took to Twitter (otherwise known as the portal to the underworld) last night to publicly announce her pseudo-retirement I gasped...and wondered, "WTH!?! Is it that bad Jazzy!?!".  The tweets (which have since been removed) can be seen in their entirety below:

"I’m making an official announcement that i am taking a break from music. i’m trying to figure out who i am… w/out a mike, paper or pen.  i promised myself when it wasn’t fun anymore i wouldn’t do it. and here i am. i’m not saying i wont ever sing again in my life becuz i dont believe that. but in this moment… rt now… i got some things to figure out. i love u all and appreciate u soooooo much. u have no idea.  how much u’ve inspired me and fed my ego. but the truth is that i have to believe in me whether you all do or not. and thats what i’m lookin for. that belief in myself. me. I. i love us. thanks for being here for me and riding with me on this journey. let us continue."

Well, I can't say that I won't miss her gorgeous voice but, I can't put myself in her shoes.  I commend her for having the strength to walk away from all of this if she truly is not happy.  I just hope this isn't a publicity stunt.  That would hurt my soul.

Peep the video below of Jazmine singing "In Love With Another Man" in the Seventeen offices 2 years ago.  Chills.



No comments:

Post a Comment