wibiya widget

January 10, 2011

New Music - Aaron Camper: Welcome to My World vol. 1



I absolutely adore good music.  There is nothing better than listening to something that not only evokes emotion but, something that makes you press rewind with the sole intent of hearing every lyric, every instrument, and every harmony.  Maybe my love for music is one only shared by few but, I like to think that everyone has in them a passion for songs that seem to be hand picked just for you. 

Nonetheless, I stumbled upon Aaron Camper's mixtape entitled Welcome To My World: The Mixtape, vol. I in my search for something new and I was introduced to just what I needed.  Aaron Camper isn't new to music.  He's a Grammy nominated singer/songwriter and, since his introduction in 2004, has worked with everyone from Jill Scott to Stevie Wonder (...yes...STEVIE WONDER).  He received his first RIAA certified gold album in 2008 (at the age of 22) with Marvin Sapp’s Grammy nominated album Thirsty.

Welcome To My World is a wonderful blend of musical artistry.  Down to the background vocals, each piece is arranged and mixed to perfection.  The twelve song tape has only four tracks with artist features (including: Brandy, Kanye West and Swizz Beats) which, I feel, gives Camper the ability to showcase himself apart from the voices of more established performers.  His voice isn't the best I've ever heard, nor is it the most powerful but, its honest.  I can appreciate that fact more than hearing someone belt a high E above middle C.

Take a look and a listen to the business worthy tracks.  To download Welcome To My World, head to http://www.aaroncampermusic.com/ and follow him on Twitter @AARONCamper.

BUSINESS WORTHY:

"No More"


Reminiscent of a Kanye joint (sans 80% of the auto-tune), "No More" touches on unrequited love and gold digging women.  Sounds like something straight off of 808's and Heartbreak.  The guitar solo and drum break at the 2:50 mark add some extra oomph.

"Water Runs Dry"


This is the only remake I've heard of this song which was originally penned by Babyface and performed by Boyz II Men.  The combination of a revamped arrangement and Camper's original bridge bring this classic song into 2011.  Great remake.  If you listen closely you'll hear that the background instrumental accompaniment is straight out of Jay-Z's "Run This Town".  :).  Just an observation.

"Moment of Silence" feat. Eric Roberson and DJ Active


This ballad is one on my latest playlist.  The lyrical content is an open letter of apology from a man to a scorned woman.  Another sample from Hov's "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-tune)" completes the chorus.

"Second Thought" feat. Brandy


Aaron sure does apologize quite a bit. :).  Yet another ballad.  Brandy makes this track balance well.  Ladies will love the message.

Honorable Mention:

"How Does It Feel?"


Fellas will identify with this message whole heartily.   Lyrically, Aaron hits the nail on the head with this one. 

1 comment:

  1. Good call Chan-locious. I dig the absolute pizz-wizzle out of that "Water Runs Dry" cover!! (That means I really like it in case u were wondering).

    ReplyDelete